"On June 17, 1916, Raritan Engine Company No 1 received its charter and officially started providing fire protection to the Lindeneau, Piscatawaytown, Bonhamton, Nixon and Stelton sections
 of Raritan Township. Today, the company still protects these southern sections which are currently known as Precinct 1."
 



                                                      Edison Firefighting (Images of America: New Jersey)